Maintaining a clean home has always been important. You usually ensure that each area of your home is taken care of down to the most notoriously dirty pieces of your house – carpets, interiors, and upholstery.
Speaking of upholstery – cleaning it is quite a challenge. However, there is always a solution for that. Here are some great DIY upholstery cleaning tips from the top cleaning company in Peterborough.
Vacuum it first
The first step that you need to do when cleaning your carpet and upholstery is to vacuum. The reason is, it will remove the hard dust particles. Thus, making the job a lot easier before you begin scrubbing. On the opposite side, if stained, it will help you focus only on the most affected area.
Take note that you need to remove the cushions in your upholstered armchairs and sofas first before vacuuming. Do vacuum below and every side and the back and arms of your furniture before replacing the cushions.
Use Detergent, White Vinegar, and Baking Soda
Natural ingredients are available just right in your pantries, such as detergent, white vinegar, and baking soda – this works great and is inexpensive.
Start making your DIY upholstery cleaner by following these easy instructions:
- Mix 2 cups of warm water, two tablespoons of laundry detergent, vinegar, and baking soda in a large bowl or bucket. Stir them gently to combine.
- Get a microfiber cloth and soak it in the cleaning solution you just mixed, and squeeze the liquid out.
- Begin cleaning your furniture by rubbing it gently in a circular motion. Make sure to soak the fabric as many times as needed so that there’s enough solution on the surface to clean your furniture.
- Allow your furniture to dry.
- Repeat the steps as needed.
- For the hard-to-get off stains, combine the baking soda and enough water until it makes a paste. Rub it gently to the affected area, let it dry, and vacuum it. Repeat steps 1-4 to clean off the remaining paste to make it look clean and fresh.
Following these DIY’s are simple and can maintain the lifespan of your furniture. It will also help to get rid of unwanted stains and odours in your upholstery.
On the other hand, hiring professional carpet cleaning services in Peterborough is the best solution if you want to be stress-free, save your time, and do what you enjoy the most. These DIY Upholstery cleaning tips are good and will provide your furniture with a touch-up to make it look pristine. However, it is only in the meantime – having professional cleaners to do the deep cleaning is still necessary. Deep cleaning maintains the appearance and sanitation longer than a regular cleaning, which is only on a surface level.
As the leading steam carpet cleaning in Peterborough, they use safe cleaning solutions, and they have years of experience in the cleaning industry. Thus, it is an assurance that hiring them is worth your penny. Request a quote now to get started.
Follow us on Social Media
Contact us for a quote visit